He popped the question and you said yes. You are engaged! Congratulations!! You are excited and can’t wait to start planning. You have the perfect wedding in your head. You have every detailed planned out. Your Pinterest boards are perfectly organized and your wedding planner is all filled out.
So what about your marriage? Have you starting your marriage? Weddings only last a few hours, but marriage is for a lifetime. You are taking vows to spend the rest of your life with your love. So don’t you think you should take a moment and plan your marriage?
Here are five things to remember:
- It takes three to make a marriage work, God, you and your spouse. Always keep God first in your marriage. Remember you made a promise to love for richer or poorer, in sickness and health. You may think it is easy but there will be things that come alone and test your marriage in ways you never dreamed of. Marriage is not easy so you will need God’s strength when things get tough or you don’t know what to do.
- Communication is very important in a marriage. You and your spouse must be able to communicate about everything. Even when you think you can’t talk, pray and talk it out.
- Always remember to show your spouse love and support. Learn your spouse’s love language. There will be times when your spouse will need your support, so learning your spouse’s love language is very important.
- Always date your spouse. Make time for you and just your spouse. Spending time together is precious and it will help you to have a long, happy marriage.
- Last but not least, choose to love deeply every day. A successful marriage takes work. You have to work on your marriage daily.
So after the first kiss as Mr. and Mrs. and the first dance, remember to plan your marriage because it is for a lifetime.